Subaru BRZ Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Subaru Canada Inc. (SCI) unveiled the brand new 2013 Subaru BRZ at Le Salon International de l’Auto de Montréal.

Set to arrive in dealerships in June, this is the first time the rear-wheel-drive sports coupe was shown in Canada, according to the vehicle maker.

The Subaru BRZ is a rear-wheel-drive sports car designed with superior steering response for ultimate driving pleasure, said SCI. Featuring an all-new horizontally opposed SUBARU BOXER engine designed to produce 200 hp and 151 lb.-ft. of torque, BRZ’s engine is positioned even lower than other Subaru models so that the BRZ has one of the lowest possible centres of gravity on the market today. Compact and light, the engine also features new direct injection and port injection technology for maximum efficiency and performance, added the vehicle manufacturer.

According to SCI, the lightweight yet highly rigid body was exclusively developed to maximize the advantages of its ultra-low centre of gravity in order to produce superb handling capabilities.

Looking forward to see if the Subaru BRZ makes it to the Toronto Auto Show.

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Good to see the Subaru BRZ is making it to Canada, looks like the next stop in Canada is Toronto since it is one of the biggest auto show in Canada.
HOPEFULLY Subaru will have the BRZ open to the public this time around rather than on display where you can't even get close too it.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Good to see it made it to canada... in all honesty i had no idea Montreal had an auto show... But i guess its their fault for running it at the same time as the Detroit auto show...

Now we wait for the other version the FR-S as well!

I wonder they will be offering test drives anytime soon!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I don't think BOTH the frs and brz will come to canada. They wouldn't want to create competition for each other. And I'm sure the brz will be open to public at the auto show, since they wud want to advertise it as much as possible at that time.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Im pretty sure both FR-S and BRZ will come to Canada.. esp if the BRZ went to the Detroit auto show....

Also the FR-S will come to Canada as it a solely a for an North american market, but cars will be released here, as terms as competition goes the car was a join venture between Subaru and Toyota they both need to sell the car....Plus the BRZ and FR-S is both sold in the USA so why not canada to right...

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
lets not forget that the Subaru BRZ was at the Montreal Auto Show. I dont see why it won't be sold in the Canadian market. As far as i know and many others it's FR-S & BRZ for North America and GT 86/86 (and maybe BRZ) for the rest of the world.

I just can't wait for the BRZ STI to become available in NA

1 - 7 of 7 Posts