Subaru BRZ Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Subaru Bringing Two BRZ Concepts to 2012 Tokyo Auto Salon

Just the Facts:

- Two concept versions of the 2013 Subaru BRZ sport coupe, one from STI and one from the tuner Prova, will be displayed at the upcoming Tokyo Auto Salon.
- The Subaru BRZ STI Concept is similar to the BRZ Concept STI that was unveiled in November at the 2011 Los Angeles Auto Show.
- For the Tokyo salon, the BRZ STI Concept will sport many of the same pieces, including Bilstein shocks, Brembo brakes, 18-inch STI wheels, a sport muffler, lowering springs, deck spoiler, chin spoiler and carbon-fiber hood and roof.

TOKYO — Two concept versions of the 2013 Subaru BRZ sport coupe, one from STI and one from the tuner Prova, will be displayed at the upcoming 2012 Tokyo Auto Salon.

The Subaru BRZ STI Concept is similar to the BRZ Concept STI that was unveiled in November at the Los Angeles Auto Show.

The Los Angeles show car featured a hexagonal lower front grille, "hawk eye" headlamps, fin-shaped foglamps, front spoiler, rear wing, flared fenders, rear diffuser, twin exhaust pipes and carbon-fiber roof, as well as 18-inch STI wheels and performance tires (215/45R18 front, 225/45R18 rear), Brembo brakes and an STI-tuned suspension.

For the Tokyo salon, the BRZ STI Concept will sport many of the same pieces, including Bilstein shocks, Brembo brakes, 18-inch STI wheels, a sport muffler, lowering springs, deck spoiler, chin spoiler and carbon-fiber hood and roof.

Japanese tuning house Prova also will display the BRZ Black Edition at the salon, but has provided no details in advance of the show. Prova is running a teaser shot of the BRZ concept on its Web site.

Inside Line says: It's only a matter of time before STI develops a serious production version of the BRZ, and given how good the standard car is, the BRZ STI could really be something special.

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So do you guys think that there will be any added horsepower to these new editions???
Being an STI model, i don't see why not. Maybe now we will see some more power made, i have my fingers crossed for around 250HP.

How about you? what do you think?

·
Registered
71 Posts
I hope it is around 250 but did you see the turbocharged scion fr-s that was caught at mazda racetrack? If toyota does a turbocharger i know subaru will and i think subarus will be better and it may be around the 300 hp range!!! i hope

1 - 4 of 4 Posts