Subaru BRZ Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's what I gather for our current stock speakers...they're decent. But I want to upgrade them mostly b/c I have a few speakers in the garage that I'd love to put to use. I haven't pulled open the speaker grills on the dash to take measurements b/c I don't plan on replacing those. But other posts have taken those measurements. The door speakers are 6.5"w x 2" d, and since I have a set of speakers that fit, I won't be doing much modification. The rear speakers are 3.5"w and are suspended in an open cavity with an L shaped metal bracket. I have a few 5"x7" 2 way speakers that I figure might be a better sound, however I'm not too sure it's worth the hassle of fabricating a new mounting bracket for the larger speaker. I'll be honest I don't know much about audio acoustics acoustics

Does anyone have any insight as to the perceived difference between the small stock 3.5's versus the 5x7? Nothing is ever in the rear of this car... and I really don't know how much of an impact the rear speakers have on front seat listeners.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Here's what I gather for our current stock speakers...they're decent. But I want to upgrade them mostly b/c I have a few speakers in the garage that I'd love to put to use. I haven't pulled open the speaker grills on the dash to take measurements b/c I don't plan on replacing those. But other posts have taken those measurements. The door speakers are 6.5"w x 2" d, and since I have a set of speakers that fit, I won't be doing much modification. The rear speakers are 3.5"w and are suspended in an open cavity with an L shaped metal bracket. I have a few 5"x7" 2 way speakers that I figure might be a better sound, however I'm not too sure it's worth the hassle of fabricating a new mounting bracket for the larger speaker. I'll be honest I don't know much about audio acoustics acoustics

Does anyone have any insight as to the perceived difference between the small stock 3.5's versus the 5x7? Nothing is ever in the rear of this car... and I really don't know how much of an impact the rear speakers have on front seat listeners.
Actually, I've read that the front speakers are 5 1/4. Although, I've read that they make spacers that give you enough room to put 6.5 speakers in them. and the rear speakers if I'm not mistaken are the 3.5s... I've been lost with what I want to do with these. I found a rockford fnq1414 component set for the dash but the amount of extra room for upgrading the front speakers is little/none. It almost seems like they don't want you to upgrade the audio system in the car. I've been considering doing component sets all the way around but I'm at a loss as to how to do it without doing too much fabrication.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts