Subaru BRZ Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All we have for cargo space in the Subaru BRZ is the small trunk, thankfully with fold down rear seats which should help a lot.

What can we fit in the trunk?
What are the Subaru BRZ trunk dimensions?
Will the BRZ trunk hold everything you need it to?

Discuss!

Subaru BRZ cargo space picture:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I can't understand why they went with a trunk instead of a hatchback. Easier access, more cargo space. I think that was my biggest first impression disappointment. I guess it's something I can live with tho, as I have been for the past 12 years. Just a preference.

·
Registered
359 Posts
well they did state that it can fit a full set of tires and a jack and some other track tools as well in the boot which i think is plenty of space tbh!

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
well they did state that it can fit a full set of tires and a jack and some other track tools as well in the boot which i think is plenty of space tbh!
That they did. Even my buddies Honda Accord which is a mid sized sedan can't first a full set of tires in trunk. So given that we can fit nearly everything we would need for a track day in the BRZ should say enough about it's cargo space. Sure seems practical enough to me.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Well this car was designed for a track set up its either 2 tires in the trunk and then 2 tires in the rear seat that prob how they designed it doubt a full set of 4 will fit in the rear trunk!

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
HAHAHAHA HOlY I love that video.

On a more serious note I do like how when the seats are folded the surface is FLAT. A hatch would have been nice but like said above. They are really heavy.

·
Registered
33 Posts
What I read was that the trunk design gave better ridgity and lower wieght than a hatch would have. Two strikes against the hatchback...

·
Registered
33 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
I'll wager I can get 4 wheels, floor jack, torque wrench, socket set, and a folding chair in the back cargo area. Then a misc bin and cooler in the front seat.

I don't think I could get my air tank in there, but since i won't have to worry about seating beads, I'll make due with a 12v compressor.

Of course, while the car's under warranty, I'll be towing it to AutoX events without plates and registering it as a FR-S. ;)

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
The BRZ FR-S actually holds quite a bit of junk in the back for a 2 door car. That to me is one of the most practical aspects of the design. That is where this car beats the s2000. Practicality.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Like they said its able to hold 2 tires in the rear + small tool kit + a jack and 2 tires in the rear! which is enough room, which if you think about it is quiet a bit of room , if you need any more than that this car is not for you in a sense.

·
Registered
41 Posts
From my post on FT86club:

*Interior dimensions!
Depth of trunk with rear seats up is 810mm at bottom, 670mm at top
Height of trunk is 340mm min, 390mm max
Max width of trunk is 1395mm, and 1075mm between wheel arches
...also dims with rear seats folded and front seats full-rearward
1435mm from bottom rear of trunk to back of front seats, and 1250mm from top of trunk to upper back of front seats

Questions about the 86 on Toyota.co.jp

1 - 20 of 56 Posts