Subaru BRZ Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came across this recently, about time Wikipedia updated their website with Subaru BRZ information! Here's what they have so far on the BRZ:

The Subaru BRZ is a compact 2+2 car sold by Subaru and manufactured by Fuji Heavy Industries and Toyota Motor Corporation as a joint effort. The BRZ is set to be available in production form in Spring of 2012. It is a front engine rear-wheel drive car. It is the second FR car from Subaru with the first actually being Subaru's first car ever, the Subaru 1500. The car will be powered by a Naturally Aspirated 2.0L Flat-4 Boxer engine from Subaru that includes the D4S direct injection system from Toyota. In the USA, the car will be available as both a Subaru and a Scion expecting only minor differences in the front fascia.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I think the differences in styling will be more than minor and not confined to just the front end. This isn't a Toyota Corolla/Geo Prizm type joint vehicle where the same car just gets rebadged.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Apparently the front and rear will have manufacturer inspired influences but the cars will look similar. Is it confirmed that the production BRZ will be announced the same time as the FT86?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Apparently the front and rear will have manufacturer inspired influences but the cars will look similar. Is it confirmed that the production BRZ will be announced the same time as the FT86?
I think it has been confirmed that at the 2011 Tokyo Motor Show, all three models will be unveiled in their production model form. BRZ, FT-86 & FR-S!!!!!

and yes all models will be the same aside from different badging, exterior parts, interior, and some functional components.

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is the FR-S announced alongside the FT86?
i heard it will too, nothing mentioned about the Subaru BRZ at Tokyo, but thinking about it, why wont it be? Just makes sense for all 3 models to debut together.

what do you think? I don't know of any other shows before or after Tokyo Motor Show which will be ideal for a proper release.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts