Subaru BRZ Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

In two weeks time Subaru will give us the best look yet at its upcoming BRZ at the Frankfurt Auto Show. Rather than any sort of reveal, however, the "Subaru BRZ Prologue – Boxer Sports Car Architecture II" is expected to be yet another look at the car's underlying platform and engine. The final unveiling won't come until the Tokyo Auto Show a few months after.

If like us you simply can't wait that long, then take a gander at what artist Jon Sibal has created. Based on the most recent Toyobaru concepts and taking inspiration from both the Impreza Concept and production model this is a realistic look at what to expect.

The much-discussed twin to the Toyota FT-86, the BRZ will retain the original's rear-drive, non-turbo setup, using a direct-injection boxer 4-cylinder. More specific details have yet to surface but the most recent tidbit of info to slip out is that the car will be a return-to-basics sports car and will even boast the lowest center of gravity of any production car.

More: Subaru BRZ Photo: Subie's Rear-Drive Sports Coupe Rendered into Reality on AutoGuide.com

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
that is a nice render. I actually like how that looks. I would like it if the lines were more aggressive though. More along the lines of the Impreza

·
Registered
272 Posts
that is a nice render. I actually like how that looks. I would like it if the lines were more aggressive though. More along the lines of the Impreza
Actually I think it looks aggressive enough. The whole front fascia just completes the whole aggressive look, especially because of how the Subaru BRZ headlights are shaped and how the BRZ front grille flows with the rest of the car.

·
Registered
9 Posts
looks nothing like the cammo car that's driving around.
why wouldn't they use that as a template to make this rendering???

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
looks nothing like the cammo car that's driving around.
why wouldn't they use that as a template to make this rendering???
maybe for the whole element of surprise or just maybe the rendering were looking at in this thread is totally off from what we will be seeing in November.

I would expect something a lot closer to the camo'ed BRZ, who wouldn't?

·
Registered
762 Posts
I would expect something a lot closer to the camo'ed BRZ, who wouldn't?
I would too. Especially since the camo BRZ and the BRZ prologue concept both have the same design going on in the front even tho you can't see that much. The whole front end would be more boxy to look anything like the picture above.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I would too. Especially since the camo BRZ and the BRZ prologue concept both have the same design going on in the front even tho you can't see that much. The whole front end would be more boxy to look anything like the picture above.
this is so true. I would also like to point out that in many articles and reports they said the Subaru BRZ won't look significantly different from the FR-S or FT-86, it will just be a few exterior changes from model to model. what we see here is a major difference.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I don't see that much of a difference from the FR-S. Aside from a different grill and front fender flares straight from the '11+ WRX/STi, it looks pretty close to the the pics I've seen of the FR-S. I believe the FT-86 are going to be Aussie market cars.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts