Votes: 12 22.2%
  • Subaru BRZ Limited

Votes: 42 77.8%
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Which Subaru BRZ will you be buying? Subaru BRZ Premium or Subaru BRZ Limited?

2013 Subaru BRZ Premium and limited:

- 200-hp direct-injected 2.0-liter 4-cylinder Subaru Boxer engine
- Close-ratio 6-speed manual transmission or optional adaptive 6-speed automatic transmission with Sport mode and paddle shifters
- Rear-wheel drive
- Limited-slip rear differential
- 17-inch aluminum-alloy wheels
- Sport-tuned suspension with double wishbone rear architecture
- HID headlights

Features:
BRZ Premium

- Cloth upholstery
- Integrated 8-speaker audio and voice-activated GPS nagivation system
- Bluetooth audio streaming and hands-free phone connectivity
- USB/iPod control
- HD Radio with iTunes tagging capability
- SiriusXM Satellite Radio and NavTraffic

Features:
BRZ Limited adds

- Leather/Alcantara upholstery
- Keyless Access & Start
- Automatic climate control
- Heated front seats and side mirrors
- Fog lights
- Rear spoiler

·
Registered
126 Posts
They are standard. Are you confused because you think there are three trim levels? Base, Premium, and Limited? There are only two, Premium and Limited.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Really depends how much they are asking for limited. It doesn't come with THAT much more. If its THAT much more expensive I'll prob skip.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Subaru BRZ Limited!!!!

To help people decide, I found out both the Subaru BRZ Limited and Subaru BRZ Premium will come with different tires.

Subaru BRZ Limited Tires:
215/45R17 summer tires

Subaru BRZ Premium Tires:
205/55/R17 all-season tires

·
Registered
216 Posts
Subaru BRZ Limited!!!!

To help people decide, I found out both the Subaru BRZ Limited and Subaru BRZ Premium will come with different tires.

215/45R17 summer tires

The Limited has 215/45-17 Michelin Primacy HP tires. They're all-seasons.

·
Registered
216 Posts
As per the original question, probably the Limited since it's going to be a DD. Though, that's based on the $27K price tag the presenter at NAIAS said. If it's $30K like some people believe, I'll go premium for the $25K. Though I don't see a $5k difference between Premium and Limited since Nav is standard.

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
As per the original question, probably the Limited since it's going to be a DD. Though, that's based on the $27K price tag the presenter at NAIAS said. If it's $30K like some people believe, I'll go premium for the $25K. Though I don't see a $5k difference between Premium and Limited since Nav is standard.
$5k difference is a lot for what seems to be minor things. I can see a $5k difference going from the Limited BRZ to the BRZ STI

At max going from a Premium to Limited should cost up to $2500

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone know if US versions will have power folding mirrors like the Japanese market BRZ?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Subaru BRZ Limited!!!!

215/45R17 summer tires

The Limited has 215/45-17 Michelin Primacy HP tires. They're all-seasons.
According to tirerack.com, they're a grand touring summer tire. Lowest end of performance for summer tires, but summer tires none the less. http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Michelin&tireModel=Primacy+HP

And to Boxer, where did you get this information that the Premium is coming with 205/55/17 all-seasons? This is the first I've heard of this, at least for the US market.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Does anyone know if US versions will have power folding mirrors like the Japanese market BRZ?
I'm gonna guess no. Just not as useful in the states as in Japan where space is at a premium. Plus most JDM models that have/had this feature almost never made it stateside.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Power folding mirrors won't be coming thats for sure.

It really depends on the price of the limited over the premium. Of course I want the limited but depends on the price.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I only buy cars with all options I want. I skimped once 15 years ago and regretted every day afterward. The limited is a nice and necessary suite of options and will top out below $30K. I have Keyless on my Benz now and hands down it's one of the greatest options invented. Never having to touch a key seems like a small thing but it's wonderful.

·
Registered
29 Posts
:/ I'll probably go with the premium...don't need leather seats, heated seats or spoiler....would of loved the push start but I really don't need it...

Standard HID,Navi,LED and Bluetooth is fine with me :)

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Limited for the win! I can't see myself going with a Premium BRZ I'll feel like it's missing something. I think going limited is worth it if you want leather and all the other goodness.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Limited, I believe the Limited also has a more robust sound system. But bluetooth and the tires with better paint does it for me. And, yes, fog lights. Here in SF Bay area we get a lot of fog. Coming home from work this morning enough to regret not having them on my commuter.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts