Subaru BRZ Forum banner
4K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  brianch 
#1 · (Edited)
What do you guys think Subaru will aim for in terms of pricing for the BRZ? Maybe there will be a BRZ and a BRZ STi? Taking a look at the possible competition I would think around 25K for the BRZ and 30K for the STi model.

The Genesis Coupe 2.0T is 22k-26k and the 3.8T is 26k-30k. The Scion FR-S is aimed to be below 30K.

#4 ·
you might be right, a website called car buzz reported that the BRZ price will start around $27 000 which is close enough to the $25 000 you guessed.

article:

Toyota FT-86 II ConceptHaving made its first appearance at the 2009 Tokyo Motor Show, the FT-86 kind of represents a new beginning for the Japanese automaker.After several years of building unexciting cars for people who only care about getting from point A to point B, Toyota is preparing to re-enter a segment that it helped define: the affordable, simple, rear-wheel-drive performance coupe. And after three different versions of the concept, Toyota claims that the production model will debut at the 2011 Tokyo Motor Show this December.

However, the FT-86 will be sold as a Toyota in Europe and Japan only. North America will see the car rebadged and sold as the Scion FR-S. Power will come from a Subaru-developed 2.0-liter Boxer four-cylinder engine that will produce around 260 horsepower.Buyers can also opt for a six-speed manual that sends power to the rear wheels. And in addition to the Toyota/Scion models, Subaru will also launch their own version, called the BRZ, which will be the first rear-wheel-drive Subaru ever.Pricing should start at around $27,000.

#5 ·
To me it doesn't make sense that Subaru and Toyota will sell the same car for around the same price.
This just doesn't make any business sense.
according to all sources SO FAR they will both have the same specs,
200hp, RWD with same body with different aesthetics.
I think they are hiding something.
My guess would be that the Subaru model WILL have more power
as they need to be separated by price.
can't wait for them to show these things next month.

#6 ·
Yea for sure it doesnt make any sense. I believe the BRZ will cost more then the FRS and the BRZ will offer more features such as Brembo brakes, Recaro seats, Brushed aluminum pedals, Momo steering wheel, weights knob, lightweight rims, tuned exhaust. Where as the FR-S will be a stripped down version. That is the only way it'll make sense in terms of a strategy. But not sure. Just taking guesses here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.