18 Posts
Sounds good two trim levels

Top of the range for me

STi is the waiting game though
carbon Roof
Fast and furious rear spolier
Gold wheels
It will be a stunner

I wish they just put a little truck lip on the STI but I guess the fast n furious wing is in true fashion of the STI lol

·
Registered
10 Posts
It sits high like a monster truck! A drop is a must but I am concerned with the clearance since the engine sits so low.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Lose the monster truck wheel gap, the "Alteeza" style tail lights, and the ugly amber sidemarkers on the white one, and we have a winner! Plus, we won't be getting that cool rear fog light for USDM. :(

·
Registered
312 Posts
yeah the car need a hell of a drop, no idea why the car looks so high from the factory.. and the hideous wheel they chose for production but other than that awesome looking car and i anit complaing :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Looks great in blue ... though I wish they'd lose the bit of "flair" on the fender just ahead of the side mirrors. What's up with that?

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
yeah the car need a hell of a drop, no idea why the car looks so high from the factory.. and the hideous wheel they chose for production but other than that awesome looking car and i anit complaing :)
The Subaru BRZ ride height was something that I always wondered about ever since seeing the first official photo. It looks like it's more ready for off-road 4x4 action rather than circuit racing. Looking at the pic's in post 1 (studio shots) vs post 2 with real life shots, it doesn't seem like it will sit that high, but it's still too high for my liking.

The BRZ is said to come with an adjustable suspension, no? If thats the case we can just lower it.

·
Registered
126 Posts
If there is adjustable suspension, which is the first time I've heard of the BRZ having one, it won't be for height but rather for dampening. I don't think it will come with adjustable suspension however.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Rear spoiler

where is that picture of the rear spoiler thats suppose to come on the Limited model ?
I am like most of the stuff on the limited model .. but iffy on the sploiler ...
Is it functional ? if not Why ? ... I like the function of the GT wing .. but for a DD its kinda out of place.

·
Registered
84 Posts
If there is adjustable suspension, which is the first time I've heard of the BRZ having one, it won't be for height but rather for dampening. I don't think it will come with adjustable suspension however.
An article i was reading days ago said the TRD model Toyota 86 will have adjustable suspension while the production model won't, but before the tokyo show i heard all 3 models will get a really basic adjustable suspension.

Anyone know the official answer to this

·
Registered
2 Posts
Plus, we won't be getting that cool rear fog light for USDM. :(
I assume you're referring to the light down low in the middle of the diffuser?
One, what is the law on that?
Two, surely seems like something you could get JDM and plug right in!?
I think having one would be a must!

I look at the wheel gap and just see space for more rubber, which along with bigger brakes, seems to me to be the most immediate upgrade needs...

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I assume you're referring to the light down low in the middle of the diffuser?
One, what is the law on that?
Two, surely seems like something you could get JDM and plug right in!?
I think having one would be a must!

I look at the wheel gap and just see space for more rubber, which along with bigger brakes, seems to me to be the most immediate upgrade needs...
About that light complying with the laws where you live, I think it really depends where you live. A lot of guys where im at have the light on their 08+ Civic's and don't seem to get into any trouble for it. I really don't see any harm in having it. Might want to ask a local cop to see what they think.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts