Subaru BRZ Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Discuss the Subaru BRZ RA (Stripped Down Model) Here!

Would you buy the lower priced Subaru BRZ RA?
What modification would you do?

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
HIGHLY doubt Subaru would offer a stripped down model in America, but if it was sold I'm sure someone would buy it. It's not a very american market thing to do to offer stripped down models. Only hardcore track enthusiasts would want them. And there aren't many of those.

The main motive would be cost savings. A stripped down model would probably cost less.

Weight savings you can do to your own car. It would just be a waste of money to throw out brand new parts on a new BRZ.

·
Registered
216 Posts
If I were planning to compete nationally in AutoX with a BRZ, I'd get the stripper RA. But really, it's going to be a DD, so all the amenities need to be present.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Just buy the regular BRZ. Throw your own lightweight rims on. Lightweight seats. And take out the trunk and seats.

An unpainted bumper isn't that much lighter then a painted one. If you replace the stock bumper you are most likely going to get a fiberglass one, which weighs more then oem.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Who is really going to switch the bumper out? There aren't any aftermarket bumpers out yet. And most aftermarket bumpers are fiberglass. A proper diffuser bolted onto the stock bumper will do much more then any aftermarket rice bumper.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts