1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Subaru BRZ release date is as follows:

U.S.A & Canada - Spring 2012
UK - Summer 2012

So far Subaru hasn't mentioned other BRZ launch markets other than U.S.A, Canada & UK. But it's a possibility that the Subaru BRZ launch markets can include the UAE, India, China, Australia & some parts of South America.

Any information on the BRZ production date/release date will be appreciated. I'll be updating this thread with more release date information as it becomes available.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
The release date in other countries should be the same as the Scion FR-S or Toyota FT86. Whichever one they are getting over there. The Spring 2012 release for US and Can is the same for the FR-S

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A little update. Subaru updated it's Subaru Global website and noted the Subaru BRZ will go on sale Spring 2012

ON SALE—SPRING 2012
The SUBARU BRZ takes the road.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Spring 2012 is what the Toyota FT-86 is aiming for as well. Spring is perfect for a launch. Just in time for SUMMER

·
Registered
397 Posts
Spring 2012 i sense both these car will be sold on the exact same days, so it will be one hell of a tough choice to pick which one but base don price fr-s ftw!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Toyota/Scion is involved and in the last couple years with vehicle releases they have put off release dates, the Scion iQ was the worst, they kept pushing the release date. I hope there aren't any major delays with the BRZ/FT86/FR-S

Looking forward to Spring 2012

·
Registered
762 Posts
Not sure if anyone noticed but a UK Subaru dealer registered to this forum and mentioned we should expect to see BRZ's on the road by June.
The Subaru BRZ STi still seems to be under development, no updates on it from Subaru and no information, anyone know when we can expect the BRZ STI release date to be?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Don't care about the STi model. Waste of time. No idea what subaru is doing anymore. I have a feeling they are under the control of Toyota. It's not like Subaru to create a car like this and make an STi model that isnt deserving of the name...

THIS is an STi

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
126 Posts
Can we stop talking about what the STI model will and won't come with? It's still in it's concept stage, for all we know Subaru could have given a BRZ to their STI division only a few weeks before the Tokyo show and said do whatever you can. Remember, this is a whole new engine/chassis/model and any significant upgrade would take 6-12 months to r&d and engineer.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
That takes all the fun out of guessing :D

I still do hope Subaru comes out with a turbo motor for the STi.

Check this insanity out

Tada-san told me there were three key elements to the car for him, things he (together with his opposite number at Subaru, Toshio Masuda) had to fight for tooth and nail. One was to steer clear of turbocharging, the second was that it should be rear-wheel drive and the final one was to use narrow tyres. I love that. And it's not just that the 215/45 R17's aren't oversized, it's that they're not a sports tyre either. They're Michelin Primacys for heaven's sake - as fitted to the Prius.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Speculation is all fine and dandy, but coming to the foregone conclusion that an STI model won't have a power increase or being worthy of the badge because of the CONCEPT is just not very smart.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Speculation is all fine and dandy, but coming to the foregone conclusion that an STI model won't have a power increase or being worthy of the badge because of the CONCEPT is just not very smart.
To be honest I don't think the production BRZ STi is going to be much different then the prototype. As much as we all hope for a turbo model it just ain't gonna happen. That is why I think this shouldn't be an STi. I personally don't think the STi model is worth it if they are asking over $5000 more then the regular limited model. Maybe if they give us that carbon fiber hood... hmmm

·
Registered
121 Posts
I think we all hope that the pricing will be low and the trims will all be affordable. We all hope the STi will be turbo. Lets just keep hoping. I would be dissapointed if the STi was just a regular BRZ with some accessories on it. Hopefully the suspension, brakes, and weight reduction on the STi will make a difference.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I honestly think they may just drop in their current STI motor with a diffrent manifold set up since people claim that the engine bay is extremely tight..

1 - 20 of 72 Posts