Subaru BRZ Forum banner
41K views 71 replies 26 participants last post by  rodgort42 
#1 ·
The Subaru BRZ release date is as follows:

U.S.A & Canada - Spring 2012
UK - Summer 2012

So far Subaru hasn't mentioned other BRZ launch markets other than U.S.A, Canada & UK. But it's a possibility that the Subaru BRZ launch markets can include the UAE, India, China, Australia & some parts of South America.

Any information on the BRZ production date/release date will be appreciated. I'll be updating this thread with more release date information as it becomes available.

#6 ·
Toyota/Scion is involved and in the last couple years with vehicle releases they have put off release dates, the Scion iQ was the worst, they kept pushing the release date. I hope there aren't any major delays with the BRZ/FT86/FR-S

Looking forward to Spring 2012

#7 ·
Not sure if anyone noticed but a UK Subaru dealer registered to this forum and mentioned we should expect to see BRZ's on the road by June.
The Subaru BRZ STi still seems to be under development, no updates on it from Subaru and no information, anyone know when we can expect the BRZ STI release date to be?

#8 ·
Don't care about the STi model. Waste of time. No idea what subaru is doing anymore. I have a feeling they are under the control of Toyota. It's not like Subaru to create a car like this and make an STi model that isnt deserving of the name...

THIS is an STi

#11 ·
Can we stop talking about what the STI model will and won't come with? It's still in it's concept stage, for all we know Subaru could have given a BRZ to their STI division only a few weeks before the Tokyo show and said do whatever you can. Remember, this is a whole new engine/chassis/model and any significant upgrade would take 6-12 months to r&d and engineer.

#12 ·
That takes all the fun out of guessing :D

I still do hope Subaru comes out with a turbo motor for the STi.

Check this insanity out

Tada-san told me there were three key elements to the car for him, things he (together with his opposite number at Subaru, Toshio Masuda) had to fight for tooth and nail. One was to steer clear of turbocharging, the second was that it should be rear-wheel drive and the final one was to use narrow tyres. I love that. And it's not just that the 215/45 R17's aren't oversized, it's that they're not a sports tyre either. They're Michelin Primacys for heaven's sake - as fitted to the Prius.

#15 ·
To be honest I don't think the production BRZ STi is going to be much different then the prototype. As much as we all hope for a turbo model it just ain't gonna happen. That is why I think this shouldn't be an STi. I personally don't think the STi model is worth it if they are asking over $5000 more then the regular limited model. Maybe if they give us that carbon fiber hood... hmmm

#17 ·
I think we all hope that the pricing will be low and the trims will all be affordable. We all hope the STi will be turbo. Lets just keep hoping. I would be dissapointed if the STi was just a regular BRZ with some accessories on it. Hopefully the suspension, brakes, and weight reduction on the STi will make a difference.

#21 ·
getting back on topic....

here's what i speculate on the Subaru BRZ release dates, let me know what you guys think. don't flame me im just speculating :D

Subaru BRZ Limited & Premium Release Date - May-June 2012
Subaru BRZ STI Release Date - Sept-Dec 2012
Subaru BRZ Convertible Release Date - Sept-Dec 2012

#23 ·
Subaru didn't mention anything about the BRZ convertible, i doubt that will happen anytime soon. That's more of a 2014 thing. I think were most likely to see a BRZ STI around Sept-Dec 2012. Just look at the recent concept, it's basically ready to hit the streets cannot be much longer.

#22 ·
May-June of this year for the BRZ, definitely. But I doubt Subaru will do a mid-year STI. It'll be a model year 2014 at the earliest, so May-June 2013. Though I'm not certain they'll make a judgement on whether to make a BRZ STI from one year's sales... Unless the BRZ sales are off the chart.

#64 ·
When I ordered my BRZ The sales manager told me that the regional said that the VP of SOA told him that there would not be an STI until 2015 model at the earliest. He said it was because they want to get the most sales they can out of this platform and the program is not very far along. That is why all the show cars have just been add ons, no real engine or chasis testing yet. He could of just been blowing smoke, but he has never done that in the past, however I do not know the regional.

#25 ·
tried searching for "automotie magazine march issue subaru brz" no luck! can you post it here? It will be helpful..

Hmm.... 2-3 years before any changes (to the limited/premium BRZ) seems right to me. Do you expect us to see a BRZ STI in 2-3 years or sooner?

#29 ·
So from Subaru's Marketing website it has been confirmed that May 2012 is the Subaru BRZ on-sale-date

Long Range Key Dates

- January 2012:
National Training Conference
Detroit Auto Show: Subaru BRZ - US Debut

- February 2012:
Universal Agency Briefing: Part II

- April 2012:
NY Auto Show: Subaru XV Crosstrek - US Debut

- May 2012:
13MY Subaru BRZ on-sale-date

#30 ·
I don't think there is anyway an STI version will be out this year. Take into consideration that they need to make sure that the sales are going to be in line with what they expect. Now, they need to work through the idea with Toyota, they could loose millions if they come out with a turbo BRZ STI. I think Toyota sales are already going to struggle being that there are so many options available on the BRZ that aren't going to be available on the FRS.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.