Subaru BRZ Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A characteristically un-Subaru Subaru, the BRZ STI concept is our first look at the upcoming production sports car, which was co-developed with Toyota.

Painted in typical WR Blue Pearl (the Subie fanboys wouldn't have it any other way), as a concept, and an STI concept, it's a wilder looking version of what we'll expect from the street car that will bow at the upcoming Tokyo Motor Show.

With a boxer engine that's low down and front-mid-mounted, the car's center of gravity is already excellent. This concept improves on that, however, with a carbon fiber roof. Until now all the Toyota FT-86 concepts have sported 17-inch wheels, although this car gets 18s, plus a massive rear spoiler and aggressive front splitter.

Subaru will hold a press conference later today to "officially" announce the car. Stay tuned to see if they release any new details then.

More: Subaru BRZ STI Concept is Tuned-up Without the Turbo (or AWD): 2011 LA Auto Show on Autoguide.com

·
Registered
126 Posts
I would rather a BRZ STI come with a stroked engine in the 2.2 - 2.5 liter range, rev to 8k rpm, dual AVCS, more aggressive cams, bigger valves, and making 250-270hp while reducing weight. But that's just me.

I think adding a turbo with all it's components will add weigh and throw off the car's balance, but what I want and what I expect are two different things.

I expect the new turbo charged 4cyl. being developed for the WRX is going to be the same engine that's going to be used in a BRZ STI. Most likely making around 270-290hp and a different variation of the same engine(maybe stoked/bored) making 320hp in a WRX STI.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts