Subaru BRZ Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Looking at the production FT-86 vs the concept. I don't think the production BR-Z will be much different then the concept. I think the biggest surprise for most consumers is that the STi BRZ is not turbocharged. I wonder if Subaru will ever consider this as a future option. In america this car will be so similar to the Scion FR-S I wonder what Subaru is going to do to differentiate this to the Scion. Its going to be interesting to see how they are going to market each of these cars without getting in each others ways. It seems like a its a brand choice really, the specs are similar if not the same on both. Same engine, same performance. The STI package will probably offer better interior and brakes but if Scion adapts the FT-86 TRD package then it will be pretty much equal.

What do you guys think?

A characteristically un-Subaru Subaru, the BRZ STI concept is our first look at the upcoming production sports car, which was co-developed with Toyota.

Painted in typical WR Blue Pearl (the Subie fanboys wouldn’t have it any other way), as a concept, and an STI concept, it’s a wilder looking version of what we’ll expect from the street car that will bow at the upcoming Tokyo Motor Show.

With a boxer engine that’s low down and front-mid-mounted, the car’s center of gravity is already excellent. This concept improves on that, however, with a carbon fiber roof. Until now all the Toyota FT-86 concepts have sported 17-inch wheels, although this car gets 18s, plus a massive rear spoiler and aggressive front splitter.

Subaru will hold a press conference later today to “officially” announce the car. Stay tuned to see if they release any new details then.

·
Registered
397 Posts
it doesnt hold true to the subaru STi name, i think it should have created another name for it or something else, but i dig it i get props to subaru for going this direction.

·
Registered
272 Posts
it doesnt hold true to the subaru STi name, i think it should have created another name for it or something else, but i dig it i get props to subaru for going this direction.
It's a new vibe to the STI name, we'll see more change like this to the STI line up since Subaru has plans to revamp quite a bit of it's vehicle line up.

I think the BRZ STI represents a new breed of Subaru performance cars, if it was your typical STI, it wouldn't be as cool.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts