Subaru BRZ Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
A subie Fa25t? hmm I am gonna say no If they go with a turbo to keep weight distribution I bet It would be a 2.0 making 280 hp or so. This would cost a lot less to do than a 2.5 with no altering the rest that goes around the motor for mass production but as much as I love boost like I have now pushing 28 psi lol I think a raw na like I stated eralier a 2.0 2.1 0r even 2.2 overbore would suit thsi car better for delicate corner control despite having less torque.

2. Carbon roof ehh to much mony for little weight savings that can be had elsewhere that roof is small and if I read right is steel so going to aluminum would save lbs and lower the center of gravity. for less dough switching steel parts to aluminum vs steel the same lbs can be lost for mush less money.

3. I hope sti parts bolt on that would be nice we will see.
I can see it being a 2.0T making around 280HP. Having 300HP to the rear wheels with turbo would be ideal, it would make a big hit. 300HP in a car as light and refined as the Subaru BRZ/Scion FR-S/Toyota 86 is something EVERYONE will want.

CF roof won't be worth it, how much weight will we save, like 10-15 lbs?

·
Registered
140 Posts
300HP to the rear wheels is ideal but for that to happen you need atleast 360 to the crank and for 280whp you need about 330to the crank which is obtainable but, i dont know how long it will take them to develop a high hp model, which would be one of the best choices i personally think

·
Registered
50 Posts
I would definatly buy a BRZ turbo for $35k. I was at the showroom Monday to look at a current STI and I saw the new 2013 BRZ on the floor next to a WRX. My jaw dropped, I feel in love with this car and signed up for one. Besides, you can ALWAYS add HP later!

·
Premium Member
1,274 Posts
300HP to the rear wheels is ideal but for that to happen you need atleast 360 to the crank and for 280whp you need about 330to the crank which is obtainable but, i dont know how long it will take them to develop a high hp model, which would be one of the best choices i personally think
Exactly, about 360 to the crack is what it'll take just to put 300 to the wheels. But I doubt Subaru will go that far due to cost. However 250-300 is doable and I have a feeling Subaru will stick within that range and wont go much higher

·
Registered
44 Posts
Who's to say they don't adopt a high performance cylinder heads package from Yamaha with Toyotas VVTLi setup. I can see a 250hp All-motor monster then. With tons of room to go up from there. The thing is, it wouldn't cost that much more money for that engine. The money could be spent elsewhere in the chassis. Keep it under 32K. That would be sick. First boxer engine with Vtack yo!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am starting to get a bit annoyed about people complaning if it were to cost more than 30k. In Denmark (where we have 180% tax on cars + VAT) I have to pay 92.000 USD for the current BRZ (in the limited edition though, but still....). So stop whining!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Subaru has said they will turbo the 2.0L motor, but they also said the BRZ won't be turbo'd. So most likely the 2.0L turbo will end up in the next WRX.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts