Subaru BRZ Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO with THREE versions of this similar car. What exactly are the differences between them... I know the Scion FR-S and the Toyota FT-86 are going to be really similar. What is the Subaru going to be like?

·
Registered
77 Posts
different trim levels being the biggest factor the Scion version has one trim only Subaru can play with different trims perhaps a sport trim like WRX or STi? if not then we'll at least get more luxury trims that probably have better stereos and leather seats and what not

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe the BRZ will have a STI variant that is turbocharged. We all know that would sell very well. There are many guys that are dissapointed because the Scion FR-S isn't turbocharged. I know there is a market for a turbo RWD. Take a look at how well the Genesis 2.0T is doing in the tuner market and you'll understand.

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
It sure seems as if we could get a turbocharged Subaru BRZ. I think Subaru has intentions of expanding the STi vehicle line-up so the idea of a Subaru BRZ STi seems very real to me.

Since performance is my priority, out of all three brands I think Subaru will pull through with the most powerful variant.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A turbocharged RWD made by Subaru would sway many customers over to Subaru and their BRZ. There is an exerpt from a dealership manager saying as much as he loves the STi and Impreza and AWD the BRZ he's seen (production model) is getting him to seriously consider buying one. Apparently it looks really really nice like a mini maserati. Nothing like the glass concept.

·
Registered
77 Posts
as much as I love the idea of a RWD Turbocharged Coupe you have to remember it wouldn't be the first time they chose to go with a NA engine for one of their sports cars the Subaru SVX (1992-1997) was also a naturally aspirated engine and they never offered a turbo variant in fact most trim levels L,LS were offered in FWD models only and only the LSi trim offered their AWD system standard. So I'm wondering if perhaps they want to keep the engine NA as they've been stating in their releases so far but at least will come up with a trim level with AWD for better handling like they did with the SVX? or at least a trim with weight reduction and better suspension or something along these lines like the Mazda RX-8 R3 trim

·
Registered
187 Posts
A turbocharged RWD made by Subaru would sway many customers over to Subaru and their BRZ. There is an exerpt from a dealership manager saying as much as he loves the STi and Impreza and AWD the BRZ he's seen (production model) is getting him to seriously consider buying one. Apparently it looks really really nice like a mini maserati. Nothing like the glass concept.
Mini maserati.... the FR-S and FT-86 look nothing like a Maserati, so I guess the Subaru BRZ design will be much different from the FT-86 and FR-S design. I think it's about time Subaru BRZ teaser pictures to be release.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Mini maserati.... the FR-S and FT-86 look nothing like a Maserati, so I guess the Subaru BRZ design will be much different from the FT-86 and FR-S design. I think it's about time Subaru BRZ teaser pictures to be release.
Maserati's design is totally different from what Toyota/Subaru/Scion can offer. I think that Maserati statement was just a hint that the BRZ has a look that's mix of performance and sleek styling.

BRZ design shouldn't be too far off from the FR-S and FT-86, I won't expect a significant change.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
And because of that I think it comes down to brand loyalty and availability. All of these cars are so similar.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Personally I think if Subaru doesnt opt for a turbo that people are going to want to just buy the FR-S. They have to offer a turbo [email protected]!! ITS WHAT DEFINES SUBARU!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts