Subaru BRZ Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some reason I have a feeling that the BRZ will carry similar features to the WRX maybe even the STi. If Subaru wants to differentiate the product form the Toyota FT86/Scion FR-S they are going to have to sell it with different features. Very likely is a turbocharged Subaru engine. The rims on the concept seem similar to the BBS STi rims. Maybe the brembo GT brakes from the STi will carry over. I'm sort of thinking that the only thing Subaru is missing is a RWD WRX STi. Do you think this is going to be sort of like that? I dont think Subaru needs a natural aspirated RWD. I would think competition would be along the lines of the Genesis 2.0T which is doing very well in the market. The market won't ignore a performance minded RWD turbocharged coupe. Just those combination of words is attractive.

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
If the Subaru BRZ and Subaru WRX STi were put together it would make for one sick car.

I was really depending on Subaru for an AWD version of the FR-S. A lot of AWD car's are top performance cars such as the WRX STi, and Nissan Skyline GT-R.

Adding an AWD system would push the Subaru BRZ price higher, since they want to keep this affordable and not priced at $50 000 like the Impreza WRX STi im for and against having RWD in the BRZ

·
Registered
483 Posts
Can't be done without an extensive redesign. The BRZ engine is placed too far back for awd to be fitted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts