Subaru BRZ Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Subaru believes vehicles like the Subaru BRZ and Subaru XV will boost 2012 sales by 20% this year, what do you guys think about this? Will it happen?

Subaru will be launching models such as the BRZ sporty coupe and the XV small crossover this year. The automaker hopes that these new vehicles will propel its sales in the U.S. to increase by at least 20% to a record 320,000 units in 2012. Yasuyuki Yoshinaga, the president of Subaru parent company Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd., said that sales of the redesigned Impreza will make up for most of the increase when compared to the 267,000 units sold last year. It’s believed that of the 20% anticipated surge, the Impreza will account for around 35,000 units.

Subaru introduced a redesigned generation of this small car last fall. Subaru said that the XV small crossover, which is based on the Impreza, is predicted to account for approximately 7,500 vehicles. The BRZ would contribute about 2,000 units to this increase. This indicates that these new vehicles have a relatively low volume. Subaru would only say that that these models will be launched later this year but declined to give the exact dates. Meanwhile, Subaru hopes to get an increase of 10,000 units from the Legacy and Outback.

Putting a damper on the overall surge is the expected drop in sales of the Forester and Tribeca SUVs. Yoshinaga gave this outlook last week as Fuji Heavy released the fiscal third-quarter earnings for the quarter ended Dec. 31, 2011. In this quarter, net income had fallen by 37% to 36.8 billion yen ($475.5 million) as global sales fell by 12% to 1.03 trillion yen ($13.3 billion). However, the U.S. continues to be an exciting market for Subaru, whose factory in Indiana is operating at full capacity just to cope with demand. Subaru’s target to sell 320,000 units in 2012 means that the brand is on track to achieve its U.S. sales target of 350,000 units by 2016.

·
Registered
359 Posts
They will get that increase but they better release some car with some slightly better interior as the rest of their line up is falling behind... i personally think.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
I don't think so. The imprezas have been selling well worldwide. Their interiors are that great. That is true. TO be honest the BRZ interior is probably nicer then most of the other Subaru interiors.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
I can see it happening. The new impreza and new STi. As well as the new Subaru XV and new BRZ are all big deals.

·
Registered
397 Posts
They sell well but based on another article they had, which only plan to produce 450 units of the BRZ in the first year will not add up to a total of the 20 000 extra cars they plan to sell based on their set targets.

I can see a 10% increase or so a 20% increase in sales is huge...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts