Subaru BRZ Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently the buttons on the screen are hard to press, the nav sucks, there's no center armrest, the screen is hard to see in the sun, etc... What are YOUR complaints about the interior and will these be addressed in future years you think?

·
Registered
35 Posts
The headunit is probably the weakest link for me in the car, but still functional. Will probably wait a few years and replace it with something better. The NAV portion of the unit actually works pretty good for me, but is not on par with the Honda/Acura NAV units I have used. Then again, this car cost almost half those do :)

If you want a center arm rest there are aftermarket alternatives that look quite nice. Personally, I thought I would miss the center arm rest but do not. If I were to be picky I would like to have a sunglass holder in the ceiling. I might add a few inches to the car to make the backseats more useable (legroom). Otherwise, I love the car and the interior on the Limited is pretty nice for a sports coupe.

·
Registered
85 Posts
My biggest complaint is the NAV unit.

The user interface is just bad and the bluetooth auto connect almost never works.

Also the radio reception seems to be worse than in other vehicles I have had.

·
Registered
8 Posts
This is completely a first world problem but.... I'm just annoyed as hell that I don't have a good compartment anywhere in the car to put my sunglasses... It's sad that it's the biggest thing I miss from my old car. That, and of course 100lbs more torque. hahaha.

·
Registered
19 Posts
This is completely a first world problem but.... I'm just annoyed as hell that I don't have a good compartment anywhere in the car to put my sunglasses... It's sad that it's the biggest thing I miss from my old car. That, and of course 100lbs more torque. hahaha.
My sun glasses hang securely tucked on the back right corner of the driver's sun visor. I have yet (okay it's only been a couple of weeks) to have them fly off like they can in my other cars.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My sun glasses hang securely tucked on the back right corner of the driver's sun visor. I have yet (okay it's only been a couple of weeks) to have them fly off like they can in my other cars.
Hm, yeah. I tried hanging them on that strap? on the driver's sun visor but it kept drooping down and becoming an eye sore. Lately just been chucking my sunglasses around that cup holder area. hah

·
Registered
483 Posts
I removed the cupholder insert and store my (prescription) sunglasses in the center console "bin". There's nowhere else convenient. Mind you I do the same in my Jaguar XF which also has a door pocket big enough, but the Jaguar has a nice lid on the cupholder. Only issue in the Subie is the sunglasses can get very hot if the sun happens to shine onto the console. Factory accessory windshield sunshade helps reduce that problem.

·
Registered
32 Posts
My feelings are more or less on par with Thill's. The buttons could be a bit more sensitive, but compared to my previous GPS (Garmin Nuvi) it requires about half the pressure to operate. The navigation itself works well enough. I've taken it on a few trips and while I've had a few minor hiccups, the GPS always picks back up in a short amount of time and Im able to continue on without any issues.

I too thought I would miss the center console arm rest but I do not, either. I suppose my main complaint is how easy it is to scratch. I've only owned my BRZ for about a month and somehow right where the seat warmer buttons are is a nice abrasion. Oh well, its really minor.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hm, yeah. I tried hanging them on that strap? on the driver's sun visor but it kept drooping down and becoming an eye sore. Lately just been chucking my sunglasses around that cup holder area. hah
Not the strap, the corner of the visor. This works for me.

·
Registered
25 Posts
1. Needs a center console/armrest where the cup holder is AND needs a cup holder somewhere else in front seat. I have to reach back for my drink. Current location of cup holders would be great for people in the back seat…IF the back seat was usable! Had they made this car about 6 inches longer, could have had a nearly functional back seat and room for cup holder up front. Dont get me wrong, it is a nice car or I would not have bought it.
2. Also, the radio/gps unit is at best usable, but had it been based on Garmin gps instead of whatever it is (not one of the major ones), it would have been OK. I just looked at a Kenwood with Garmin GPS in it and I could operate it right off the bat since I have a Garmin, or actually had four of them over the years. I have found that no matter what car you look at, you wont get it all just like you like it! I am a Honda guy and was set to get a Honda, but could not get close enough to what I was looking for so got this to drive for a year or two until Honda Accord Hybrid is out and tested.
3. Also, needs a back up camera, already has the screen on radio, for a little bit more is could have had the camera. Lane warning is a good thing that is now on upper level Honda Accords that is pretty nice to have.
4. And also,missing steering wheel radio controls, requiring taking your eyes off road more than I want too!

·
Registered
199 Posts
TBH for this kind of car I like that it's spartan with the tech and gizmos, really adds to the experience. Armrest isn't really an annoyance for me since I keep both hands on the wheel when I drive and my headunit is pioneer so it's not bad. The only interior gripe i have is possibly that the windows leak water inside when you pressure blast them in the corner of the weather seal by the mirrors. Other than that, I only wish the torque dip didn't exist and that the clutch wasn't so lifeless from factory.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts