Subaru BRZ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody with access to what the VIN numbers mean in terms of the production numbers of the cars being made? In other words, what # BRZ do I have in the world, or the US?

I was one of the lucky 271 who got cars in May in the US but what was interesting to me was that my car was manufactured in March.

I would love to know from my VIN where I stand in the production cycle.

Any ideas?

· Registered
23 Posts
VIN DECODER

VIN # JF1 Z C A C 1 0 D 1 600027 (WRB Limited 6MT)
Example Description
-------- --------------------------------
J
F = Mfr. ID Code. FHI passenger vehicle, made in Japan
Z = Car Line. BRZ
C = Body Type. Coupe
A = Displacement. 2.0 L non-turbo.
C/B = Grade (C - "S" Limited, B - "R" Premium)
1 = Restraints. Manual belts, dual airbags, side airbag for seat back, curtain airbag for roof.
0-9 & X = Check Digit.
D = Model Year. 2013MY
1/2 = Transmission type. 1 - FR 6 Speed MT, 2 - FR 6 Speed AT.
XX
= Serial number.
XXX
FRS & BRZ have JF as Mfg.!

· Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It depends mainly on the allocation of cars to your dealer. Larger dealers are going to get at least 1 per month and some more. I would assume that shipments will arrive around the middle of the month with dealer delivery close to the end of the month. Find out how many cars they are getting total for the year and where you stand in that line. That will give you a good idea of the timing.

· Registered
182 Posts
Everyone.... I posted this in another thread. It's possible you may already have your VIN number and not know it. I called SOA a week and a half ago and they gave me a VIN number. My dealer still has not contacted me to let me know this, or possibly they don't even know it yet. They told me up to 6 weeks after it's assigned.

· Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
With a VON and knowing your dealer allocation and place in line, you can get a decent idea of when you will get one. Keep checking on the VIN #, I had to call my dealer and then they found it. With the VIN assigned they can give you a very good idea of delivery. I received my car about a month after they gave me the VIN but it could be less or more depending on the production and delivery schedule.

· Registered
318 Posts
With a VON and knowing your dealer allocation and place in line, you can get a decent idea of when you will get one. Keep checking on the VIN #, I had to call my dealer and then they found it. With the VIN assigned they can give you a very good idea of delivery. I received my car about a month after they gave me the VIN but it could be less or more depending on the production and delivery schedule.
On a typical Subaru order, it's usually about a month after the dealer receives the VIN that you actually get the car. That being said, we've had some instances where we've received cars within 2 weeks of getting the VIN and sometimes we don't get it until almost 2 months later.

· Registered
864 Posts
Anybody with access to what the VIN numbers mean in terms of the production numbers of the cars being made? In other words, what # BRZ do I have in the world, or the US?

I was one of the lucky 271 who got cars in May in the US but what was interesting to me was that my car was manufactured in March.

I would love to know from my VIN where I stand in the production cycle.

Any ideas?
Other than curiousity, why do you even care?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts