Subaru BRZ Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

· Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Other than curiousity, why do you even care?
Curiosity is all. Mine was the 684th car made off the line for the world and wondered what number mine was for US import. At the end of the day it doesn't mean a thing, but it's cool to think you had one of the first ones. I brag all the time that I was one of 271 US cars sold in May. Again that and $2.00 will get you the Wall St Journal.

· Registered
318 Posts
I had once ordered a plasma blue 5dr wrx limited with NAV for a customer of mine that took almost 4 full months. We put the order in end of November and we didn't get it delivered until mid march. His was also the one exception to the VIN schedule where we got the VIN, but the car didn't come in until almost a month and a half later. I'd imagine average BRZ orders will probably be subjected to the same wait time, especially if you're ordering from a dealer with only 4 or 5 cars allocated for the entire year.

· Registered
30 Posts
The last 4 numbers in the VIN identify the production number, according to Subaru of America. My Crystal Black Silica BRZ Premium 6MT was built on March 26, 2012, last 4 digits in VIN 0677, so it was the 677th vehicle produced, but because an unspecified number of "non-production" BRZs without VINs were built for testing, trade shows, etc, this suggests my car was even earlier in "for sale" production after the factory began turning out BRZs on March 16. I ordered my BRZ on march 21, 2012, and took delivery on June 9th. It's been fun, fun, fun ever since!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts