Subaru BRZ Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello fellow car enthusiasts!

For the last few days I have been calling dealerships all over southern california and I have had no luck in getting a pre-order for a BRZ. Kind of frustrating since this is definitely my next car. I am unwilling to pay over MSRP and I do not want to put a deposit down for a car when they are not sure if they would ever get the car this year. ( This last comment is for the fact that they have already burned through their allocations.)

If anyone has any tips I would greatly appreciate it!

--Soj

·
Registered
183 Posts
You might have to travel to get one...try dealers in PHX or Tucson. It's only 6-8 hours away and they might have some left. I'm driving 3 hours to get mine.

·
Registered
158 Posts
If you're unwilling to put down a deposit, then I'm guessing there aren't going to be too many dealers willing to hold one for you.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its not that I am unwilling to put down a deposit, I am. But I am unwilling if they have already run through their allocation for the year. A lot of dealerships are creating wait lists for cars that they are not getting allocation for.

--Soj

·
Registered
158 Posts
Its not that I am unwilling to put down a deposit, I am. But I am unwilling if they have already run through their allocation for the year. A lot of dealerships are creating wait lists for cars that they are not getting allocation for.

--Soj
Ahhh... that makes a little more sense.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Not all dealerships are taking deposits, mine never even brought it up even though I was completely ready to hand them money. Keep searching man, it will be worth it. Good luck!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You might have to travel to get one...try dealers in PHX or Tucson. It's only 6-8 hours away and they might have some left. I'm driving 3 hours to get mine.
Thank you for the idea. Tried Peroria in AZ. They had a couple left, she just needs to talk her manager to get approval to sell me the car.... so lets see what happens.

·
Registered
32 Posts
In Arizona: Peoria (Moore) has sold 3 of 7. Subaru Superstore has sold 13/30. I am told that both are selling at MSRP. Tims in Prescott has a white manual limited ordered that is not spoken for. I believe they all want $500 deposit. I only know this because I was thinking of switching dealers today.

Camelback is sold out 9/9.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
In Arizona: Peoria (Moore) has sold 3 of 7. Subaru Superstore has sold 13/30. I am told that both are selling at MSRP. Tims in Prescott has a white manual limited ordered that is not spoken for. I believe they all want $500 deposit. I only know this because I was thinking of switching dealers today.

Camelback is sold out 9/9.
Went with Scottsdale, AZ. Wifey and I can make a trip of it, and they are doing MSRP and I wanted to visit Scottsdale. Waiting on VON # and complete confirmation. Thanks for the help guys!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sucks that had to happen but in the end the dealership lost out on a sale, a customer and most likely many more since we know about the issue with them.
Haha interesting about that. Looks like they just got new management and the dealer is getting restructured. So far so good there though. I am at either at seven or two. Looks like someone cancelled a red limited with manual transmission so they may sneak me in.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I would say just keep calling and looking for a brz, because allocations are based on sales of the still and wrx, pending how well they're sales were is how many allocations they will get

·
Registered
879 Posts
Do it all by fax and keep on them every week to get the status of your order. Good luck. You will get one. Many people are going to back out of their preorders

Hello fellow car enthusiasts!

For the last few days I have been calling dealerships all over southern california and I have had no luck in getting a pre-order for a BRZ. Kind of frustrating since this is definitely my next car. I am unwilling to pay over MSRP and I do not want to put a deposit down for a car when they are not sure if they would ever get the car this year. ( This last comment is for the fact that they have already burned through their allocations.)

If anyone has any tips I would greatly appreciate it!

--Soj

·
Registered
183 Posts
Thank you for the idea. Tried Peroria in AZ. They had a couple left, she just needs to talk her manager to get approval to sell me the car.... so lets see what happens.
No problem. I'm from AZ so I'm familiar with that dealer. Good luck!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts