Subaru BRZ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!
Welcome to the site and glad you were able to find it.... I'm sure it will be the #1 Subaru BRZ site in no-time.

Introduce yourself in this thread with whatever information you feel comfortable sharing.... current car you are driving, what you like about the BRZ, and where you are located.

·
Registered
762 Posts
took a bit of searching to find this Subaru BRZ forum.i'm glad someone took the initiative to start one, thank you sir!
i found this forum while looking for the Subaru BRZ release date which took me to this page.... http://www.fr-sforum.com/forums/fr-...baru-names-all-new-sports-car-subaru-brz.html

after reading through that SUbaru BRZ press release and navigating that scion fr-s forum i found the link to this website :D

the scion fr-s is nice but i been a subbi guy forever, Subaru BRZ here i come!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I currently own a 2008 BMW 335i coupe, 6mt, sports, ssk, and no run flats. I will not be buying a redesigned 3 coupe in any form. These are GT cars and not sports cars. These are the forums I a currently on. All cars listed will be 2013/2014.

BMW 2 series coupe. Only if it is special like the 1976 2002, and looks nothing like the 2012 5 door hatch in the euro mags.
Corvette C7 This is a very long shot. Never like the vettes. But always a hope Chevy will get it right.
Acura RSX-S Bought one for my son in 2003. He still owns it. Fun car.
Miata ND I have owned a NA and NB.
VW GTI mark 7 I almost just almost bought a 2008 VW GTI instead of the BMW.
Subaru BRZ Yes finally a cayman killer hopefully.
Used Cayman default option, really do not want to go here, but might have to.

I am an older member here and have owned many cars. I am influenced by the car magazines. So lets hope C+D top ten, Automobile All starts, and 5 stars for the euro mags/inside line has the BRZ on it. I am excited about this car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi. I am currently on FT86Club, but from when I hear the BRZ is coming, I seem to be more interested in the Subaru, some that saw it say it looks like a small Maserati GranTurismo, what is a very good thing. I drive an Alfa Romeo 147. Can't wait for a RWD LTW sportscar.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Current Subaru owner, learned to drive in a 280Z. Would like to marry those two and hopefully park a BRZ in my garage. Here's to hoping for a quality product that delivers on the hype!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Hardcore NEWB in the house.

Always wanted to see a Subaru coupe, really missed the Impreza coupe from the 90's and ever since seeing BRZ pictures.... i'm hooked!

·
Registered
7 Posts
new to this site. I have been owning subaru's since 1999. I've had 7 or 8 all told. I'm excited about the BRZ/FR-S cars and also curious to see what the 2014 WRX will be like. 10 years ago I founded the Nebraska Subaru Owner's Club and have enjoyed watching it grow.

I'm very active in SCCA both autocross and rallycross and thankfully only live 45 minutes for the Solo Nationals event site.

Thanks - Jon

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello fellow members,

My name is Walter and hail from Hawaii. I've been a subura fanatic since the WRC days of Petter Solberg of SWRT. I owned a '97 OBS and a 04 subie. I always loved the RWD drivetrain since I also own a RX7 but incorporating the 2 platforms that I love is totaly awesomeness! Hope there's more great news about the BRZ coming. I also am located on NASIOC and i-club.com =)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm glad for the BRZ as Subaru styling has been getting too tame and less sporty IMHO. Coming from Nasioc as a long time member and owning several past Subaru's. Looking forward to what Subaru can do with the BRZ...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Looking forward to it
Quite nervous as so used to 4wd of my 2 other Scoobies and had a couple of shakes in the 350z with RWD but I'm sure Subaru will make a great handling car
And it's going to be a lot cheaper the Porsche cayman too so more money for mods

·
Registered
312 Posts
350z is also a lot heavier than the brz, but the rwd should be run and different as i was always curious how a rwd subaru would react, man will the car going to be hella fun!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yes I'm still keeping my wrxd new age and classic 2000 turbo so I will be able to do lots of real time testing on my private driveway of course :D
I've never owned a RWD car but excited about the low sporty looks as my mid life forty something crises car

·
Registered
17 Posts
What's up everyone. Name's Drei. I currently own a 2007 Civic Si which will be fully paid off next year so I can own my first Subie. I was originally going to trade in for the 2010 STI's but then I saw this beautiful car and changed my mind completely. Still waiting for the official SPECS of the car to see if it is worth getting, but so far from the looks and certain reviews from websites, it looks impressive.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all. I'm on my third Subaru and Fourth forum dedicated to Subarus. Pretty excited about the new vehicle, definately going to test drive it and hope its dissappointing so i don't end up buying one. Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
What's up everyone,

Like many on here I'm a current Subaru owner - I've had a modified bugeye '02 WRX for 9 years now. Strongly considering getting a BRZ in addition to the WRX. I was leaning in that direction, and then the GT300 car came out and I was SOLD (yes I realize Super GT cars are *nothing* like production models - still, it's undeniably sexy... :p). I drive a 350z from time to time too. I like the Cayman comparo since that's something I was thinking of too...

My WRX has been the most fun car to drive over the years (pre-drive by wire), and it took 8 years for something to break on the car that wasn't aftermarket. If you're on Nasioc my screenname is SilverF4Turbo, and I also have a blog called www.BugeyeGarage.com

This is the first Subaru model in YEARS that has struck me with the same enthusiasm that I had for the bugeye when I got it in '02. A really no-holds barred driver's car. Love it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello fellow car guys. Who else would post on a forum about a car that will not be released for months but car guys. I have followed the development of the BRZ and really like the "handling first" design with the ultra low center of gravity. The design seems pure and true to the ideals of a real sports car. Light weight, balanced and simple. Not to mention, boxer engines work great for small sports cars(porsches come to mind).

My hope for the BRZ is that it will fill the void in the market for a fun, cheap pure sports car that is not a convertible. I hope it has the balance of my old 944s or S2K, but with enough low-end torque that shifting every few seconds is not required to get the most out of the car. Oh, and can they make it bearable as a daily driver both in ride and comfort.

I look forward to learning about this amazing little car!

PeterBRZ

·
Registered
11 Posts
MrZ415 here ... current driving a Golf TDI .. I really hope the standard wheels are light weight ...
other wise I'll have to buy RPF-01 again ... I have RPF 01 right now on my GOLF TDI.

·
Registered
2 Posts
For reasons too boring to detail here, I'm currently looking for a replacement ride (I'm currently driving a '04 G35) that is: a) affordable; b) configured to perform (RWD/MT/Coupe is a must); c) has some nice visual lines; and d) won't make me feel bad driving the wheels off of it over the next 3-5 years. The BRZ is looking like the best option to match all of those criteria so it's currently #1 on my list.

I'm not fond of the current Z's and something like a Cayman or a Lotus simply aren't financially feasible given my commute.

I've been folowing the BRZ's development for quite awhile now and a recent "in person" view of it at this year's LA Autoshow pretty much sold it. All that's left to get me to commit is a test drive...

·
Registered
1 Posts
The name is Rob.. Currently drive a 2006 Mazda rx8, has only 55000km on it so about 30000miles..anyways.. I love my car, the weight the
high reving engine, however the fuel economy is just not there... and they are restricted based on adding power safely.. very cost effective.. looking forward to when this car comes out and how it drives.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts