Subaru BRZ Forum banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone has their preferred brand of oil. So I wanted to find out what is your favorite brand or what brand would you use and possibly why you chose that brand?

·
Registered
25 Posts
ive always used mobil 1. whether its conventional or synthetic. i always stick to mobil 1. never had a problem with before so no reason why i should change.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have been using Castrol ever since I started doing my own oil changes. Never read a bad review about them and its worked really well for me so far. I try and get the German made Castrol as its a much better grade than the North American made Castrol.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think everyone has their own biases. I've used Amsoil products for over a decade in various cars and I've never had any issues, so I imagine I'd use it in the BRZ as well.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Royal Purple all the way, its a great oil and my cars always run better after i put it in, haha. Plus it kind of smells like grape :)

·
Premium Member
1,274 Posts
Motul. Its actually cheaper for me to use Motul then some other brands. You can find jugs of Motul for pretty cheap.
funny you say that cause I use to buy castrol oil, now I buy motul and motul works out to be a few bucks cheaper and it's suppose to be better and just sounds good saying it to other car enthusiasts lol

·
Registered
121 Posts
Royal purple. Amsoil. Motul. Mobil1. Eneos.

Most of the popular full synthetics are good enough for everyones application. What is important is how often you do your oil changes. That is usually more important then what oil you use. You might use Motul 300V but if you only change your oil every 5000kms. If I used cheap Mobil 1 synthetic and changed my oil every 1000kms. I would still have less metal sheared then your 300V.

·
Registered
276 Posts
guess what kind of oil is used in most machinery its mobil go with mobil 1 synthetic you can't go wrong!
except Subaru engines don't really like Mobil 1. I know a LOT of people who have blown engines running mobil 1. My engine spun the main bearing and I was running mobil 1.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts