Subaru BRZ Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please tell me that brz sti will have more horsepower. I dont care if its na or turbocharged i just want more power!!!! And i was also wondering if there will be a special few brz kinda like the special edition packages from certain subaru dealers? help me out guys if you know anything

·
Registered
6 Posts
It only makes marketing sense that there will be different trims at different price points. Now, whether we will be getting more power with the upper trims is anyones wild guess. Hopefully they just dont slap some carbon fiber trim and put a "limited edition" badge on the rear and charge you $5,000 for it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i understand that but if its an sti version it is their racing division so it only makes sense for more power and lighter

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
If Subaru breaks free from Toyotas hold they may go and throw a turbo in the STi version. But since this is a joint project Toyota has made it clear that both of them will have the same engine specs. Even the TRD version of the FR-S has no improvements to the engine. Its all visual appeal.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If Subaru breaks free from Toyotas hold they may go and throw a turbo in the STi version. But since this is a joint project Toyota has made it clear that both of them will have the same engine specs. Even the TRD version of the FR-S has no improvements to the engine. Its all visual appeal.
I heard that toyota have been making a supercharged engine for the trd, do you think if they do that, that subaru will be able to throw a turbo in the sti?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts