Subaru BRZ Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anxious to see if Cobb will be working their magic on the BRZ. Generally, it seems that they've stuck with boosted engines from different manufacturers. While I'm sure a turbocharged version is inevitable, I'd prefer for numerous reasons to go with the N/A (primarily, being an impatient mf'er). While the gains won't be as big as their maps for turbocharged cars, the more modest gains will be much more noticeable.

Fingers crossed...

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Cobb makes some really good parts, i loved the exhaust system they made for the 2010 Subaru WRX STi sounds soooo sick

But by the looks of things, I think they might wait for the turbo BRZ. But it would be smart if they make parts for the N/A BRZ since the BRZ is going to be one of the cheapest cars from Subaru and a lot of people will be buying it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Many wouldn't remember this, but Cobb made a lot of parts for the NA motors at the beginning of their venture into the automotive world. If you've seen the Prova BRZ, it's got an AccessPort on the dashboard. My guess is they would have one with some maps for an exhaust and drop in panel filter.

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Many wouldn't remember this, but Cobb made a lot of parts for the NA motors at the beginning of their venture into the automotive world. If you've seen the Prova BRZ, it's got an AccessPort on the dashboard. My guess is they would have one with some maps for an exhaust and drop in panel filter.
Yet I thought I saw everything the PROVA BRZ has to offer, didn't notice the AccessPort. I think it's only a matter of time till we get maps for stuff like exhaust and others.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Its hard to say. Cobb may offer performance parts. Though Cobb tuning is more of a turbo tuner then anything else. They may offer some sort of tuning options for the n/a motor.

·
Registered
397 Posts
COBB axces port im sure they would, as they almost offer tunes for almost every subaru, but it shouldn't be to difficult all their messing with is A/F ratios

·
Registered
99 Posts
We will definitely see some bolt-on parts from Cobb for the FA20. This gives them the opportunity to get there name on the brz, especially for a "possible" turbocharged engine in the future. I'm still on the fence as to if we see any tuning options on the FA20 engine. These new NA engines, such as the FB engines, are so well designed, manufactured and tuned to squeeze every hp out of them, and FA20 being having a 12.5:1 cr already, i cant see bumping up hp numbers more than just bolt-ons. But if somebody is to produce a tuning component for the FA20, you can count on Cobb!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts