Subaru BRZ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm probably going to go with black 20ish% all around. Living in Las Vegas a dark tint is crucial for surviving the summer heat. Luckily LV police don't seem to care about window tint, you see a lot of cars around here with limo tint all the way around. My Jeep is rocking 5% all around and I've not had a problem.

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
35% all around for me. that's the legal limit in GA. Although, I need to see what the TL has, because it's DEFINITELY not 35%.
by law i think thats what it is in a lot of states even in Canada but i noticed cops don't care about how dark your tints are unless you drive a honda!

I've seen guys in BMW's with 5% tint pass by cops and never get pulled over while guys in their honduhs get pulled over, sucks.

·
Registered
54 Posts
My current tint (also in FL) is 15% all around. Cops don't seem to mind having heavy tint here. I'll probably go 15% all around again. One of the guys that drives a newer STI around here did 50% on his windshield as well. I was surprised how little you could tell. I'd assume its worse at night but I've been entertaining the idea.

·
Registered
762 Posts
My current tint (also in FL) is 15% all around. Cops don't seem to mind having heavy tint here. I'll probably go 15% all around again. One of the guys that drives a newer STI around here did 50% on his windshield as well. I was surprised how little you could tell. I'd assume its worse at night but I've been entertaining the idea.
i once had 15% tints and hated it, too dark for my liking and it was hard seeing outside at times. I usually do 35% front %25 rear

·
Registered
21 Posts
Same here, current driver is 15% all around although FL 15% is the legal limit for rear & rear sides, 28% for fronts. I don't mind the darkness at night especially since I don't have working reverse lights & refuse to take the time to replace the bulb...
But with BRZ I plan to get 10% maybe 12% all around (Dark Gray ordered)...
I've driven 2% tint from a friends integra, it's not so bad haha

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Same here, current driver is 15% all around although FL 15% is the legal limit for rear & rear sides, 28% for fronts. I don't mind the darkness at night especially since I don't have working reverse lights & refuse to take the time to replace the bulb...
But with BRZ I plan to get 10% maybe 12% all around (Dark Gray ordered)...
I've driven 2% tint from a friends integra, it's not so bad haha
I've driven a car with 10% tints at night, it got so bad that I had to roll the windows down just to park so I could see where im reversing, meanwhile with cars that have lighter tints I can look at my mirrors, reverse and im good!

Even when making left turns, i almost ran over a pedestrian cause of dark azz tints haha.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I've got limo or 5% on the rear of my A8 and 25% up front. I love the look of it. Only difficult thing is backing up down driveways and such, besides that it's okay. As for the BRZ, I will most likely do the same combo. Should be right around $200 to tint a BRZ properly and with good quality undyed and/or carbon based film.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.