Subaru BRZ Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been searching the owner's manual and didn't find anything on this, so hopefully one of you has run into the problem.

The auto up/down function is not working and the place where it says "auto" on the window switch is flashing. The auto up/down not working doesn't really bother me, but the flashing is a bit worrying.

Has anyone run into this problem? How did you fix it?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Roll the windows all the way down, then hold the switch while they go up all the way up and continue to hold the switch when they are at the top until you hear a click. Should take about ten seconds. That should reset them, good luck!

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've noticed this is happening when the air temperature is well below freezing. My dealership put something on the weatherstripping and lubed the windows and that seems to have prevented it from recurring, so far.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rec's fix worked. I agree with gszd - this may be a cold weather thing.

I also lost one of my center caps (right front wheel). Do you think the dealer will replace that for free?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have this happen to me about once a week, especially when its cold outside. I believe the engine needs to be off when you do this. On mine, I just press the start engine button without depressing the brake before proceeding. You should hear a slight click after a couple seconds when you roll the window down. Then roll it up and wait for another slight click sound.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts