Subaru BRZ Forum banner

Do you like the NEW look better than the stock appearance??

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone...

Looking to improve your stock exhaust appearance? Look no further! I upgraded my tips today. $60 and 5 minutes of time was all it took.
Once you remove the stock tips with a 10mm ratchet or wrench, you will see the 2 raw tips which are 2" diameter.

Picked these DC Sport Oval tips at a local Pep Boys...
photo 1 (Large).jpg

Dimensions of new tips...
photo 2 (Large).jpg

photo 3 (Large).jpg

New tip next to the stock tip...
photo 5 (Large).jpg

Before (upper) and After (below)
photo 6 (Large).jpg

Link to the DC Sports tips at Pep Boys $29.99 each...
DC Sport Oval Stainless Slant Cut Bolt-on Tip Inlet | Product Details | Pep Boys

If you found this post helpful, please "LIKE" it =) Thank you and enjoy!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
One thing I forgot to mention was, you can adjust how much you want the new tips to come out or go in. The stock tips are set in a few inches under the bumper. I made the new tips come out so they're flush with the black plastic. In person, they visually stand out a lot more than the picture shows.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Amazon.com: 3A Racing 62-2417 Stainless Steel Truck Slant Bolt-On Exhaust Tip 3" X 8-7/8"/Fits 2" to 2 7/8" Pipe.: Automotive

I'm thinking about these but I have to go measure the cut-outs to get a feel for how much it would fill it up. Yours are a massive improvement on stock, and until I picked mine up today, I had no idea just how much this thing needs new tips.
Just a heads up, those are going to stick out past the bumper since theyre 8 7/8" long. I had some 9" and had to return them for the ones posted above because how much they stuck out. The OEM pipes bend so soon that you dont have a ton of room to slide the new ones in.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The stock bolt on tips are also about 3" wide, so those ones you just linked really wouldnt chance the appearance much, other than the fact theyre round instead of oval.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Just a heads up, those are going to stick out past the bumper since theyre 8 7/8" long. I had some 9" and had to return them for the ones posted above because how much they stuck out. The OEM pipes bend so soon that you dont have a ton of room to slide the new ones in.
Good catch on the length... back to the drawing board.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Is there any difference in sound?

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
Good catch on the length... back to the drawing board.
Just so you know, Draco-Rex updated his tips and used ones that are 9" long and they look good. (The DC Sports EX-1011 he picked up are 9" long).

See tread

http://www.subarubrzforum.com/9-sub...e-were-all-bitching-about-exhaust-tips-2.html

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
I was researching this, even ordered some through Amazon, but quickly decided none of the aftermarket bolt on tips available really compare to the look and fit of the JDM tips, so I will wait for those to become more available and less expensive (right now you can get them either for around $190 or $145) and will just get the JDM ones.

Although both Draco-Rex'es and Zilla's look really good). I like Rex's being round and like Zilla's size. Now If I could get one that combines both I might jump on them.

Zilla, can you get more pictures of the car? Like different angles, and farther away to see how they look?

Thanks.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
212 Posts
No. Tips alone wont alter the sound, unless of course you get the "WHISTLE TIPS! When ya wanna WOO WOOOO...ITS DAT WOOOOO WOOOOOOOO!!!!!" -Bubb Rubb
Ok, thanks.

You know someones been around on car forums a bit when they reference Bubb Rubb & Lil Sis. ;)

·
Registered
54 Posts
I think your better off getting a better Cat Back. I always hate the look of the dinky tube inside the tips.

I laugh at it when I see them on the road.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts