Subaru BRZ Forum banner

Do you like the NEW look better than the stock appearance??

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
I took the plunge and ordered the JDM tips. After I saw them in a USA car (meaning not looking at marketing pictures or a showroom car instead a car on the street with them and different views), got confirmation its a like for like replacement I was sold.

·
Registered
407 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Here are a couple photos of stock, then a single tip test fit (with plastic still on tip). I'm not sure if I'm going to keep them (thus leaving them in plastic). It looks a little different on my car since I've got the lower valence. I've still got them at the house and may put them both on and get some more photos, somce farther away. The oval tips with the more rounded car body opening might be a little off to me. Yall's take?

IMG_1221.jpg IMG_1222.jpg

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
I took the plunge and ordered the JDM tips. After I saw them in a USA car (meaning not looking at marketing pictures or a showroom car instead a car on the street with them and different views), got confirmation its a like for like replacement I was sold.
Geez. How much did you pay for it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
FYI for those who want the round tips that Zardoman has, I think I found the link on Pep-Boys website: DC Sport Round Stainless Resonated Slant Cut Bolt-on Tip Inlet | Product Details | Pep Boys

Be careful browsing all the DC Sport tips because there's one set of round tips (Part # EX1013 SKU: 9166552) that include a picture but the specs have a 2.875" inlet, which is too big.

What should fit correctly is linked above with a 2.25" inlet: Part # EX1012 SKU: 8963945

EDIT: Found them cheaper with more stock on Amazon: http://amzn.com/B003D4MA30

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hey everyone...

Looking to improve your stock exhaust appearance? Look no further! I upgraded my tips today. $60 and 5 minutes of time was all it took.
Once you remove the stock tips with a 10mm ratchet or wrench, you will see the 2 raw tips which are 2" diameter.

Picked these DC Sport Oval tips at a local Pep Boys...
View attachment 683

Dimensions of new tips...
View attachment 684

View attachment 685

New tip next to the stock tip...
View attachment 686

Before (upper) and After (below)
View attachment 687

Link to the DC Sports tips at Pep Boys $29.99 each...
DC Sport Oval Stainless Slant Cut Bolt-on Tip Inlet | Product Details | Pep Boys

If you found this post helpful, please "LIKE" it =) Thank you and enjoy!
The link takes me to a tip that reports. 4.5" length vs. the 6.75 labeled on ZILLAS pics. ????

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

21 - 39 of 39 Posts